In these times....It's time to do it differently...
Stewarding a Refuge from the pace and patterns of business as usual... Practicing and Inspiring lighter footprints on the earth
Earth Built * Sun Powered
We are committed to living closer to the natural world…
in harmony with nature and more lightly on the earth using sustainable technologies.
- SUN: solar power, solar hot water, solar clothes dryers(!)
- WIND: wind power, enhanced natural ventilation
- EARTH: Natural building techniques, organic gardening, permaculture
- WATER: Natural well water, gray water recycling, harvesting rainwater
AND…more that we enjoy at Tierraluz:
- Ocean Views, Jungle Views, Pastoral Views
- Regularized Titled Private lots and Titled community land co-owned by members via a Mexican Non Profit
- Solar powered off grid well and 20,000 Liters community water storage
- Common Land: shared open space (almost 9,000 m2!) including organic farmland, food forest, meditation vistas and jungle trails...open land preserved for tranquil spots to walk and sit in Nature
- Beautiful wooden 15m2 yoga deck on the highest ground and best view for all to enjoy.
- Superadobe Community Storage/Bodega 12m2
From our Community Alliances (Covenants):
MISSION : Stewarding a refuge from the pace and patterns of business as usual. Exploring ways to live simply, more lightly on the earth, in balance with nature and in harmony within ourselves and our community.
VISION: A community of neighbors where there is a shared interest and commitment to using less resources, producing less waste, producing our own renewable energy, and enjoying a more tranquil and sustainable life that enhances health and well being. We share land/open space that holds possibilities for growing food, gathering with friends, walking, sitting or practicing yoga in nature at a beautiful meditation vista. Our homes are modest sized, ideally built with natural materials such as compressed earth blocks, cobb, adobe, bamboo, etc, that are easier on the environment than more processed materials such as cement. We each have incorporated at least a few sustainable technologies such as photovoltaics, wind power, solar hot water heating, low impact development, grey water recycling, rainwater harvesting, composting toilets, etc. Living this way, perhaps we may be closer to the suggestion by Mahatma Gandhi to, “Be the change you wish to see in the world”.
TONE: Smile!...It’s Mexico! Let it go...Relax! Tranquilo! Find your gratitude and let it be known. Ask periodically, “How can I do this with a lighter footprint?” Also, take the time to pause, breathe, sit in nature listen and let the sacred land speak to us.
Maybe you'd like to live on this gorgeous land, out of the grind of the mainstream, more independently "off-grid" using innovative and traditional technologies that enable us to live more lightly on the land; and, do this with neighbors who support these values and activities. We are looking for more like minded people to be our neighbors and we have just a few lots remaining. 9 houses have been built so far; half of them with earthen building techniques such as Cob or Superadobe/Earthbag and all off the grid. Sayulita, Mexico is a beautiful lively pueblo with a gorgeous beach along the Riviera Nayarit, just a short drive from Puerto Vallarta; pretty easy to get to. The weather is amazing and the skies are clear and blue most all year. There is great surf at the beach, lots of outdoor activities to expore... and the water is warm!
Alfredo, Lorena, Jess, Alyssa, Atticus, Annika, Kelea, K'nich, Dave, Lucy, Rene, Luli, Benito, Amparo, Tonya, Jim, Ashley, Ron , Taisuke, Brenda, Nayu